Stage Manager Needed For One Act Play
NY Theater Festival Summerfest 2018- Manhattan- Stipend
Hudson Guild Theater
441 W 26th Street
New York, NY
“Harold’s Road” – An Original Play by Dana Jaffe
Performances and Tech – August 2018
Rehearsals (in Queens) – July-August 2018
1. Managing production from backstage.
2. Set-up and clean-up of set/common areas
3. Set changes (props/chairs).
4. General Assistant to Director – record blocking, rehearsal scheduling.
Please contact Dana Jaffe at (347) 408-4850.
Temporary Freelance Position Opening for June 2018 Recital: Sound Designer/Operator
181 Freeman Avenue
Islip, New York 11751
Temporary Freelance Position Opening for June 2018 Recital
Dance Connection is seeking an experienced sound technician for our 2018 Recital. Our
performing arts school has an emphasis on excellence and love for the art of dance with a large student base of dancers aged 2 to adult, serving dancers throughout both Suffolk and Nassau counties. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of teamwork among our staff, operating with a professionally managed office and administrative staff, and offering many opportunities for growth to all of the artists that work for us.
– Setup venue’s house system for use for our show – including patching venue’s 40
channel Allen & Heath GL2800.
– Setting up and patching handheld microphones, XLR god mic, PCC floor mics, and
– Setup rental wireless headset system and connect to house wired intercom system.
– Liaison with venue technical director to route audio through house system to
Cafeteria, Lobby, Music Room, and Videographer.
– Balance audio levels for all songs in Q-Lab.
– Make minor additions/edits to Q-Lab showfile throughout rehearsal process.
– At start of each day, startup and test sound system, distribute wireless headsets,
distribute walkie-talkie radios, and distribute microphones as necessary.
– During rehearsals and performances, operate sound console mixing audio levels and
running playback through Q-Lab.
– At end of each day, collect headsets, radios, and microphones for charging
– At completion of final performance, strike rental sound gear and pack-up ready for
return, and restore hound system as we found it.
– Other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
– Ability to perform self-directed work and creative problem solving skills.
– A kind, polite, respectful, encouraging, and calm manner.
– Patience, stamina, a sense of humor, and the ability to remain calm.
– 2-3 years of professional sound experience required.
– A high school diploma or GED is required.
– A B.A. or B.F.A. in Theatre or a Technical Theatre is a plus, but not required.
Availability/Schedule: Our four recital performances are held at Holy Trinity Diocesan High School on Newbridge Road in Hicksville, NY. Rehearsals are Monday, June 11th thru Friday, June, 15th from approx. 4:00-10:30PM. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be available at the end of May. The four performances are Saturday June 16 at 1:00PM, Saturday June 16 at 7:00PM, Sunday June 17 at 11:00AM and Sunday June 17 at 3:00PM.
Supervisor: Sound Designer reports to the Production Manager.
Interested applicants: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to
Theatre Box is looking for the following technical positions for their summer production:
A Delicate Balance
Performances: July 27, 28, 29 & August 3, 4, 5
Sound Board Designer/Operator
Perform the duties of Sound Board Designer/Operator for all performances, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for obtaining all sound effects, whether recorded or live for a specific production
- Responsible for setting up the soundplayback equipment
- Attend and participate in all final run-throughs, technical rehearsals, and performances on which the individual is serving as the board operator
- Setup & strike sound tech tables & all tech table headsets for productions on which the individual is serving as the board operator
- Maintain the headsets, belt-packs, and cabling for all productions (if required) before each performance
Light Board Programmer/Operator
Perform the duties of Light Board Programmer/Operator for all performances, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Program the console (currently an <ENTER LIGHT BOARD INFO HERE>) for production under the direction of the Director.
- Operate the console for the productions in coordination with Director & Stage Manager
- Provide the immediate supervision of any follow-spot operators as outlined by Director
- Assist in maintaining the show for design integrity, electrical safety, and fire safety including prevention of false fire alarms during atmospheric events as outlined by Director
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these are volunteer positions.
Nassau County Public High School has an immediate need for a stage carpenter to assist students in building sets for school musical. Prior experience working with students and fingerprint clearance is desired. Please respond via email to email@example.com
FAME Theatrical Productions Honey’s School of Dance Hiring Stage Manager. Must have 2 year stage managing a show. Must be able to quick on their feet. Must be able work with kids, teens and adults. Please call 516-225-1088 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking to people that can build sets. Must have experience building sets. Must have their own tools. Must truck to help transport the scenery. Please call 516-225-1088 or email us at email@example.com
The BroadHollow Theatre Company is seeking a full-time stage manager. Salaried position. Exceptional sound board skills required. Complete job description at www.broadhollow.org. EOE. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Long Island Rep., theater company in residence at Theater 294, is looking for tech people to work on lights, sound and/or set for upcoming productions at Theater 294. Experience is preferred, but our lighting/sound person will work with, train as well. Call Alexander Vartanian at 516-983-9399 or email email@example.com.
Star Playhouse is looking for volunteer set designers, which would include creation of drawings and supervision of construction. Also seeking stage managers for its 2017-18 season. Shows include Beauty And The Beast, Only A Play, You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Anyone interested can call Larry Katz at 516-526-9366.